Alright, since I had such a good turnout for my first set of free video workshops this past weekend, I’ve got another pair queued up! This time I’ll be talking about skin spirits and working with animal parts in spirituality and art. As before, there’ll be two time slots to choose from:
Friday, January 18, 2013, 7:00pm Pacific Standard Time
Saturday, January 19, 2013, 11:00am Pacific Standard Time
Here’s a time converter you can use to determine what 7pm/11am PST would be at your time zone. You don’t need to sign up anywhere, just make sure you have a Livestream account and show up! And, again, I’ll upload versions to my YouTube channel. Also, I’ll be doing some practice runs to make sure that I get all the technical bugs worked out, to include making damned sure I can find the chat this time :P
Here’s some of what I’ll cover:
In the last few years there has been an increase in interest working with hides, bones, and other animal parts in both art and spirituality. My work with skin spirits and their sacred remains has become one of my most asked-about topics as a result, and now you can have the opportunity to find out more directly from me in this free online workshop! Plus you’ll have the chance to ask me questions via chat related to both the art and spirit of my work for the past 15 years.
Here are just a few of the topics we’ll cover:
—What are skin spirits, and how do I work with them, and why are the hides and bones known as “sacred remains”?
—How can I respectfully work with animal parts in art or spirituality, and what rituals can I use?
—Where can I find animal parts to work with, and how do I decide what to do with them?
—What are other considerations, such as legalities, ethical guidelines, and safety?
—How can I physically and spiritually take care of the animal parts that I have, and what artistic options are available to me beyond traditional taxidermy?
Newcomers and more experienced folk are all welcome. Because of the sensitivity of this topic, the chat and questions will be moderated. And, again, I’m offering this workshop free of charge! If you’d like to support my work financially, feel free to check out my books at http://www.thegreenwolf.com/books.html or my ritual tools and other artwork at http://thegreenwolf.etsy.com
- wingedmoongazer reblogged this from thegreenwolf and added:
- boneandsteel likes this
- scajaquada likes this
- selenomancer reblogged this from thegreenwolf and added:
- zeniverica reblogged this from thegreenwolf
- thegreenwolf reblogged this from thegreenwolf and added:
- danceswithfoxz likes this
- hrafntinnott likes this
- ravenousnightwind likes this
- wingedmoongazer likes this
- canislatranss likes this
- marimidnight reblogged this from deborahcastellano
- freedominwilderness likes this
- wildwillowjournal reblogged this from thegreenwolf
- nhondu likes this
- sammyeatshands likes this
- wildwillowjournal likes this
- deborahcastellano reblogged this from thegreenwolf
- feiens-snowden likes this
- aural-relations reblogged this from thegreenwolf
- aural-relations likes this
- grizzlynitram likes this