I am not a fan of dichotomies; I much prefer continua, Venn diagrams, and big, messy, organic tangles. Our world is a world not of black and white, but of a series of gray areas and vibrant colors. Sure, having a nice, neat “either/or” perspective makes it easier to think. You can set yourself up as the good guy, and the other perspective is the bad guy, and life is ever so simple!
It’s also intellectually lazy. And it’s irritating. One of the many reasons I am no longer Christian is because I got tired of the right/wrong, good/evil, wonderful Christians/nasty ol’ everybody else dichotomies. While I didn’t choose to go to paganism because of a lack of dichotomies, I must admit the greater proliferation of the “gray areas” mindset among the pagans I met was a nice perk.
However, there are a few dichotomies I’ve seen crop up every so often in discussions in the pagan realm that set my teeth on edge. One of them has to do with the false dichotomy of “nature/spirituality/magic vs. technology”.
- homesteadilee likes this
- soilrockslove likes this
- deathtasteslikechicken likes this
- allweareisashes likes this
- allweareisashes reblogged this from thegreenwolf
- thegreenwolf reblogged this from thegreenwolf and added:
- crimsonkarasu likes this
- spaceshiptea reblogged this from thegreenwolf
- evelark likes this
- brenli likes this
- fancypagan reblogged this from thegreenwolf
- makingnewblog likes this
- theprettiestboy reblogged this from thegreenwolf
- zeniverica reblogged this from thegreenwolf
- resofactor reblogged this from thegreenwolf
- ofthemoonandsun likes this
- nickysreblogs reblogged this from thegreenwolf
- mariden likes this
- thegreenwolf posted this