Don’t get angry when men call you a slut for sleeping around. There is no “double standard”. Men that sleep around are only idolized by other men that do the same. Normal, decent men, don’t do this. If you want to be a slut, be a slut… Just like men that want to be pigs can be pigs… but accept the title when it comes. You deserve it.
Drinking so much that you black out and screw the next guy you see is not rape. You don’t deserve to categorize yourself with women who have been forcibly beaten and sexually assaulted or with women who have been unknowingly drugged and made incapable of fighting off unwanted sexual advances by a sexual predator. You chose to drink too much. You chose not to care what happened. Live with the consequences.
Don’t make yourself look like a tramp if you don’t want to be objectified. Men don’t go out to the club shirtless or with their dick flapping around in a banana hammock for everyone to see, do they? Do you know why? Because it’s trashy. If you want to be more than some sexual object, then act like it.
The pursuit of equality is not an exemption from taking responsibility for your actions. I firmly believe that women need to be treated as equals, and I know we’re not there yet in a lot of ways (wages, employment, custody, etc.), but I’ve seen too many complaints about each of the above points from self-claimed “feminists” that want to be treated as “equals”. Frankly, however, ideals such as these are disgustingly selfish and immature when compared to the goals of actual feminists…
Grow up, ladies.
okay, let’s shoot this shit down with truth bullets.
1. you know what? i sleep around like fuck. i like fucking boys and girls, even ones i don’t love, or even necessarily have any feelings for! and that doesn’t make me a slut. you know what it makes me? a person who likes sex. it doesn’t make me any better or any worse than anyone else. it doesn’t mean i’m stupid, incapable of feeling anything, or a “pig.” some people like cake. i like having threesomes where i’m anally penetrated while going down on a girl. what’s the difference, really?
so what i do with my lady bits is none of your business. if i sleep with you, then sleep with everyone in your family in your bed, and then masturbate vigorously with your toothbrush, okay, we can talk about how my having sex makes me a bad person. but barring that, i’m just a person who enjoys something that most people do. and if most people didn’t enjoy doing it, you wouldn’t be here. you are literally the result of thousands of years of HUMPING.
2. there’s actually a great quote about this, which i spent the time to find for your viewing pleasure: “If a woman drinks to excess, then falls over in the street, loses her wallet and vomits all over her shirt, she has only herself to blame. But rape is not a consequence of getting drunk. It’s a consequence of someone deciding to rape another person.” if i get drunk, the consequence is getting drunk. that is the only consequence. if i get raped, there is no reason other than that someone decided to rape me. old women get raped. children get raped. sober people get raped. stoned people get raped. rape fucking happens, and it can happen to anyone.
and okay, what about the fake rape reports, you might ask? the girls who got wasted and had sex and then regretted it because the guy didn’t call back? studies show that there are no more false rape reports than of other violent crimes, which is to say, 2-8 percent. now, every two minutes, someone in the US is sexually assaulted. which of those numbers do you think you should be more worried about?
3. to your last point, now, about women who choose to dress in a way other than you approve. it might please you to know that most of these women actually aren’t dressing up for you! in fact, they’re dressing for hundreds of reasons, most of which don’t include you at all.
speaking as a real, live woman, i’ll explain some of the motivations for how i dress.
- the weather. i live in 100 degree heat. i don’t care if my boobs intimidate you, i will not wear a turtleneck, because if i do, i will get heatstroke and have to spend my day sitting in a cold bath and crying.
- i have a date later. and maybe i want to be sexy for them, and evolution says that sexy is showing off your boobs, so you’ll know that i will be able to feed babies. if you have a problem with that, then go fight with god or darwin or the monkeys. i didn’t choose it.
- i feel like showing my tits because tits are awesome and everyone likes them and they’re basically big blobs of fun but that still doesn’t mean you can rape me.
- i got a cute new outfit.
- my legs are suddenly super skinny and i want everyone to know it, dammit! (this is a wish, not a reality)
- the fabric is nice so i don’t care what the shape is.
no matter what, though, i’m not going to change my whole wardrobe and dress with you in mind. are you really that egocentric that you think every woman alive is dressing for you to check out? just like you have favorite shirts and pants, i have the same. and sometimes, i like wearing out what i want to wear. that doesn’t mean i’m asking to be catcalled or treated like a sex object. you can’t get away with treating me like less of a human being because you don’t like my outfit.
in summation: yes, feminism is about equality. and that means treating humans fairly, regardless of gender. maybe quit judging anyone based on how the dress, how much sex they’ve had, or how much they’ve had to drink. maybe treat everyone with respect, even if you disagree with them. maybe don’t rape anyone.
all i want is to keep my clothes, get drunk with friends on occasion, and not get raped.
is that too much to ask?
because you’re telling me that it is.
and since you’re being demeaning:
how about you grow up and realize the world doesn’t revolve around you? it’s not my job to change in case you can’t rape me. it’s your job not to rape anyone.